Welcome!


You can find DIY and inspiring posts.

Comments are welcome as long as they are nice and constructive.

Much love and blessings

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Fancy for Pansy


I always thought that every pansy had its own personality.


And a peculiar facial expression.


These I found at a park next to my house. From these tiny flowers, we have got today these hybrids in full colors and in large size. These are so delicate and refined, the only measure about a centimeter, and the hide among the tall grass. They are a wild specie, normally growing near mountains or wild prairies, I was lucky enough to find one in downtown Moscow!


I took a couple of pictures to show the variety of colors and "facial" expressions these cuties have. For instance, this one makes me think of happiness, a full round smile, in bright yellow!



These ones, I thought, maybe they are staring at me. I can see the curious faces, intrigued by me and the camera.


These are rather shy, I can see them hiding right after this picture was taken... Silly things, you don't want to show your beauty...


Here, another shy one, but still interested. I have to say this is my favorite face. I wonder what these pansies think about all day?


These are Mother and child. A loving mother giving all the care and love to her child.


This one is the best color combination I found, I just love how this one got a perfect contrasting combination. I can see this one being a bit Punky and Funky.


This one is playing with costumes, I thought for a moment that this one looks like an delicate phaleanopsis orchid. The shape of the petals and the lilac color of it made me believe it was an orchid! Tricky little thing!


Some crowds of pansy seem like crowds of people, here, I thought of people walking in the street, possibly crossing the road, tossing and turning as they hit each other. These facial reactions are clearly the expressions of how impersonal mundane routines are. We don't stop to think how we look in front of others while for instance we are crossing the road.

Other pansies are full of life, like the on the left. I can sense that this one is a very outgoing one. Probably fascinated by the world that surrounds it.

Last but not least, I found a sleepy one. I thought these poor cuties need to show off their beauty daily and don't get a break, I managed to catch this one while it was taking a break! Go now, sleep a little before you continue to dazzle pedestrians.

5 comments:

  1. I learned yesterday that flowers are the sex organs of plants. Both male and female. Rendering them hermaphrodite, but they still need the help of insects, wind, mammals, and sonic vibrations for pollination and reproduction. We usually think of flowers as innocent little things, but some of them can be poisonous and deadly. They're quite liberated sexually if you ask me.

    Here lies my question: what sort of sexual meanings are there for one's fascination with flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally like this blog because of the creative human interpretation of what flowers may be thinking or feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just think they are colorful, and probably they are attractive to insects because of these colors. This is their seductive weapon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. perhaps the love of flowers indicates a desire for androgyny ? :) or maybe a longing for the fufillment of platos old story about the hermaphrodites

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree on that, we are curious creatures, and we behave curiously too. I believe we have both Female and Male characteristics, some do get expressed others don't. But I don't think it is related to genetics, it's definitely a behavior pattern. But maybe it could be an admiration for what you mentioned. I don't really know, I am just fascinated by how flowers are able to reproduce on their own, and the colors...oh the colors... amazing little creatures.

    ReplyDelete