Welcome!


You can find DIY and inspiring posts.

Comments are welcome as long as they are nice and constructive.

Much love and blessings

Monday, May 31, 2010

Lemon- Poppy Seed Muffins


Messy Indie Cooking (Baking) Vol. 3

This is my first baking recipe on this blog, and well I was dying to try it out! I've never made this before and honestly, I made the recipe up, but the result was delicious! I got lucky!

I got intrigued by the combination of things here, lemon and poppy seeds and yoghurt. I never imagined these 3 could work well together!

Here are the Ingredients:

2 cups of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of brown sugar
3 tablespoons of baking powder
1 tablespoon of baking soda
lemon zest of a whole lemon
100gr of natural yoghurt
1/3 cup of canola or sunflower oil
1 egg
juice of one lemon
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
You can first get the zest out of the lemon and then get the juice.

Don't exagerate with the poppy seeds, I was told they can make you very sleepy...

Preheat oven at medium fire, grease the muffin tins or if you have a Teflon don't. Or if you have paper cups then that's even better.

In a bowl, place the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda, and mix well.
Add the Lemon zest and mix a bit more.
Start by pouring the yoghurt in this dry mix and try to do it evenly. It might appear dry but don't panic more liquidy ingredients are coming up!

Pour the oil gently while you're blending all ingredients together. Also, add the egg and blend it a little bit more. Add the nutmeg and half of the poppy seeds.
Now, add the lemon juice, as gentle as possible, I don't want your mix to have a strange reaction between the yoghurt, the lemon and the baking soda. Do it little by little and if you hear a pop here and there it's normal, it's an effervescent mix. Now, it's about time you stopped mixing.

It should look like this. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins or cups equally. I managed to make 9 muffins here.

Sprinkle some poppy seeds on top of each muffin with the remainings of the seeds.
Place in the preheated oven for around 25 minutes.
This is how they should look like.
Yummy!
I decided to place them in paper cups for a nice presentation.

Don't they look delicious?

Bon appetit!

2 comments:

  1. They look ubber-delicious! Bravo! Beautiful recipe. I hope you'll bake this for me one of those days...

    You are getting more and more professional with your blog posts, I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I think my next post will either be the "good version" of the windmills, I have developed a new design that works better, or a new floral composition I did last night. I'm happy at least a couple of people are following this, but then again, It was about time I expressed myself.

    ReplyDelete