Welcome!


You can find DIY and inspiring posts.

Comments are welcome as long as they are nice and constructive.

Much love and blessings

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Martinoula's Banoffee Pie! - Messy Indie Cooking Vol. 4


Can you resist?


Ah...


Delicious landscape!


Want a piece?

My dear friend Martina from high school sent me this nice recipe to make. We made adaptations together and this is what we managed to make...


My first attempt was a failure... I didn't let the pie cool in the fridge and the crumbs just went everywhere...You should leave it to rest a while in the fridge and the freezer...It's important...also a good tip is to use baking paper on the mould as mine got stuck last time, this time I was able to get it out in its entirety. So apply baking paper and let it cool!


Here are the ingredients:
3 Bananas
1 can of Condensated milk (previously boiled for 2 hours without opening the can!)
125gr. of Margarine (preferably veggie margarine)
250gr. of Biscuits ( Digestives, petit-beurre or the like)
200gr. Whipped Cream
2 teaspoons of Almond powder
3 tablespoons of Chocolate powder
a few dried bananas for decor
Start by crushing your biscuits with a mortar. This will be a nice stress-reliever therapy. Otherwise, use your mixer and crush them.


I enjoy crushing them...I love cooking with my hands and going through the process... I'm relieved!


This is the Dulce de leche, or Manjar, or the condensated milk you have boiled for 2 hours in a casserole...You will get this nice toffee textured milky caramel. I couldn't help eating some before applying to the pie!

So, apply to your biscuit mix the almond powder, it will give a nice crunchy effect to the dough.
Mix, Mix, Mix.


Apply the margarine that you have previously melted and join the dough evenly.


Apply it over the mould, and use your hands, don't be scared! There is also a therapeutic part of cooking so you will enjoy this believe me!
Once it's evenly applied, place it in the fridge for an hour. Be patient!


After the fridge, you can see the dough hardened and it will be easier for the spreading of the layers to come.


Start by applying the Dulce de leche coat first.


NIAM!


Cut your bananas in rounds


And place them on the manjar!


mmmm! Looking good!


Lovely!


Take your cream, I bought this type, I was lazy enough not to whip it. I just spread it on the bananas. Take care they tend to get attached to the cream.


Decorate with a few dried bananas


Sprinkle some Chocolate powder...I went too far with this... though.
:S



Place it in the Freeze for half hour and it should be ready for serving...Try it!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't refrain from commenting. Well written!

    My website :: $20 PSN Card

    ReplyDelete