Welcome!


You can find DIY and inspiring posts.

Comments are welcome as long as they are nice and constructive.

Much love and blessings

Saturday, January 15, 2011

My little piece of Heaven - Ananda Camp

If there is a place on earth which I can call home, this is it. There is no place I'd rather be but here. Ever since I first came to this camp I knew I had developed a strong tie with it. My roots were being planted little by little, and each time I go back, deeper they grow. There is a man to thank for this, and  he is Mr. Ezz Gelbana. He has been running the camp for over 10 years, and managed to create a charming, peaceful and relaxing place. This is his kingdom, as he is on the watch as a lion over a hill. Mr. Ezz is a beautiful person. To me and to my closest of friends and relatives, he has become a father. He makes his guests feel like family members not just mere tourists. 
This was my second time at the camp and here are some pictures of the place. I think photographs explain it better than words.


The main hut.


These huts are equipped with electricity, the ones by the beach in exception with the 2 bungalows do not have electricity. 


Main hut sitting area.


What I like about this place is that it's down to earth. It doesn't pretend to be, but it simply IS down to earth. 


The place is clean, serves create food and is able to provide services as transportation, snorkeling equipment and has one of the best beaches on the area. 


The decor of the place is welcoming and calming.


Last time we experienced a rain storm, it was quite an experience! Thankfully, nothing happened, and the huts we resistant and no water leaked in. 


Some of the wooden huts near the main hut.


The embracing rocky mountains of Sinai.


A sheltering sky.


The most amazing sunsets I've ever experienced. 


Hammocks.


Nice, uh?


To visit Ananda you can contact Mr Ezz Gelbana at his mobile phone: 
00 20 123561742
It is located in Sinai, just south of Taba (45Km from), and North of Nuweiba (22Km from). You can reach it by car, bus (East Delta from Cairo) or sometimes there are flights to Taba and the airport is quite near.


There are three types of accommodations: 
-Bungalows with bathrooms and electricity
-Wooden huts with electricity
-Wooden huts by the beach with no electricity.

There are two main bathroom with warm water supply, these are clean and tidy. Showers and WC. 

Prices are reasonable, and food and drinks are served there. Vegetarian options are available with a great menu and only high quality food is served. 


Colombo who works there under Ezz is Mr Miracle, anything you might ask him he will get for you, from toothpaste and brush to a tasty Banana Shake. I highly recommend to try, also try the Sahlab and do not miss the Om Ali from the kitchen. You might also want to try the tagines and pizzas. All made on the spot.  

It is often a suitable place to do meditation and yoga, and some trainings are held there. 
More info?
Take a plane to Egypt and go visit! It's totally worth it.  


Pictures: 50% by Rupadelik and 50% by Pixadelik.

6 comments:

  1. good job..ezz will be very happy reading it : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I had promised him I would put a good word. :) I'm hoping to give the best promotion I can! :) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, but I am not given any credit for most of the pictures which I know I have taken. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why are you signing with Veggie Fest Cairo since you have a profile name? Happy now? You have 50%. :P Apparently you love being credited Rupy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, do you have an email adress or a website or something like that for this camp? i can´t call as it will be about 2 euros per minute and i have a lot of questions :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, unfortunately I don't have an email nor do I have a website for this. It is locally owned by Mr. Ezz Gelbana and he does not work with agencies or websites. He only manages his business by getting a phone call from people...If you have any question I would be glad to help you. I'm very sorry to reply so late, I rarely check this blog...I should.

    ReplyDelete