Welcome!


You can find DIY and inspiring posts.

Comments are welcome as long as they are nice and constructive.

Much love and blessings

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Crochet Granny lines Laptop and camera pouches + Blanket update!


My latest project. This is a pouch I made for my Mac. My Mac's name is Pupa. 
So this is called the "Pupa Pouch".
Additionally, I had made a tinier pouch for the camera. 
Well, the principle is very straightforward. You take up your crochet hook and start in the same way as the Granny Squares. You make up a line with chain stitch about the length of one side of your laptop or camera, or what ever thing you want to make a pouch for. You then proceed in the same way with three double stitch.


http://schizoart.blogspot.com/2010/06/granny-crochet-squares.html
Here is the previous tutorial. Instead of going in rounds, you just go in a straight line. It's easy.
I'm glad I came up with this pattern. It's nice and simple. And it's very therapeutic, too! 
I made the laptop pouch in 2 days and the camera pouch in a couple of hours. So don't worry, even if you are not an expert, it's pretty simple.


This is how it started. As you can see when you start the pattern and crochet across, you need to crochet in both sides. I made it  as it didn't require any sewing up so it's done in one piece.


It shows you how to crochet the piece.



End results! The color combination is up to you. I like mixing thing, and I used all the spare yarn I had. I still have some. :P

UPDATE!


So far I've made 375 Granny Squares! I still need to make 405 more! I'm almost half way! Yay! I thought this was going to take forever to make, but now, I just feel that maybe in a month or so, it will be done!



Yippy! I still need to sew pieces together.



Have fun crocheting!

9 comments:

  1. I love all of it..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant! thanks for sharing your idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like them. Hope it inspires both of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marioula. I appreciate your visit to Tangled Happy and do acknowledge that your pattern is similar to the one created by Michelle. However if you are implying that Michelle would in fact assume credit for something she did not create on her own I can assure you she would not. In fact she is not even sharing a pattern for that specific item just an idea! I do hope I did not take your comment in the wrong tone? Just seemed to me a bit accusatory. I love Michelle's laptop bag and I really like yours as well! Wishing you a happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I did write to Michelle and in fact I am still waiting for her reply. In writing, words could get misinterpreted, and I apologize if I might sounded rude. I do believe if you get things for FREE, that if it's under a Creative Commons license that these should be attributed, at least. But like I said to her, I am all about people sharing and commenting about things and also for people to do things on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi...Just popped over to let you know that I did this pattern after seeing it on TangledHappy's site...I just omited the handle she had...Sorry I can't e-mail you directly as I my e-mail is offline till next week...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome work, I love the Granny stitch and needed an excuse to make a laptop cover and you just gave it to me. Can't wait to raid my stash in the morning now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Aussie Yarn Cat! I'm very glad you appreciate my pattern! Once you are done with the crocheting, please feel free to share it! <3 Much love and happy crocheting!

      Delete