Welcome!


You can find DIY and inspiring posts.

Comments are welcome as long as they are nice and constructive.

Much love and blessings

Friday, January 22, 2010

David Byrne


I don't know much about him. I saw True Stories once. I would recommend to watch for its content and the way it was shoot. I'm not an expert, but I like things that are visually appealing. And this is one of them. Plus it has this lovely 80's feel to it. I don't think the 80's was a bad period, it might have been very commercial like it is now, very flashy and maybe trashy too, but it still had positive things. That's why for me it's something you can't miss out, revisiting the past is good, but not staying in it. Apart from his films, his musical carrier is beyond imagination, I'm glad I was introduced to it. (Thank you). My favorite part of him, ( artistically,I mean) is him as a visual artist. I think he is a genius. I would love to visit NY and get to see the installation "playing the building". Also I would love to park my bike on one of his famous racks! Find out for yourselves.

2 comments:

  1. David Byrne is a true renaissance man. He's a visual artist, a musician, and a filmmaker among other things. I find that visual artists turned musicians are very interesting because usually their music ends up being very abstract and free in that sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. picture from:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_au0oAl5c0M4/SXly4xMXOAI/AAAAAAAAA4Q/NNbJ86EFK_E/s1600-h/David_byrne.jpg

    ReplyDelete